The FPDF library is made of the following elements:
- the main file, fpdf.php, which contains the class
- the font metric files (located in the font directory of this archive)
The metric files are necessary as soon as you want to output text in a document.
They can be accessed from three different locations:
- the current directory (the one where the running script lies)
- one of the directories defined by the include_path parameter
- the directory defined by the FPDF_FONTPATH constant
Here is an example for the last case (note the mandatory final slash):
If the files are not accessible, the SetFont() method will produce the following error:
FPDF error : Could not include font metric file
If so, check if you have correctly defined the constant.
Remark: you can also define it directly at the beginning of fpdf.php. But in case of version
upgrade, don't forget to put it back!