PHP Classes

no way to make the dumped database files be not empty and it...

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Multi MySQLDump  >  All threads  >  no way to make the dumped database...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:no way to make the dumped database...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:zinsou A.A.E.Moïse
Date:2017-08-18 12:56:37

zinsou A.A.E.Moïse rated this package as follows:

Utility: Sufficient
Consistency: Sufficient
Documentation: Good
Examples: Not sure

1. no way to make the dumped database...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of zinsou A.A.E.Moïse zinsou A.A.E.Moïse - 2017-08-18 12:56:37
no way to make the dumped database files be not empty and it is there this package fails and where other from the PHPclasses repository succeed.It needs to be improved because it is an innovative package that can be very usefull to everybody.

2. Re: no way to make the dumped database...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alessandro Quintiliani Alessandro Quintiliani - 2017-08-31 10:32:03 - In reply to message 1 from zinsou A.A.E.Moïse
Hello Zinsou

I tested the package many times at my office and I make you sure that it works (more than 220 tables dumped from four remote databases, having some tables with over 10 GB of data)...empty tables dumped might depend on grants on the server.
Did you try by command line, to use mysqldump to dump one database table and see if it works, and what is the cause in case of failure?

Regards

Alessandro

3. Re: no way to make the dumped database...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of zinsou A.A.E.Moïse zinsou A.A.E.Moïse - 2017-08-31 11:32:02 - In reply to message 2 from Alessandro Quintiliani
Hi Alessandro
i think more about it. So according to me it is a setting issue.I think the mysqldump command can't be used to dump database on all servers specially for those who use EasyPHP or other on a localhost to test your package...It is probably due to a special mysql path location setting.I think it will work fine on any server correctly set up...Your package is good and the only thing you could or may do to improve it,may be to work on mysql path location if you can...