PHP Classes

ROTLF / the algoritm

Recommend this page to a friend!

Image Nudity Filter  >  All threads  >  ROTLF / the algoritm  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:ROTLF / the algoritm
Summary:it isn't perfect
Author:Piotr Malinski
Date:2006-08-09 00:41:23
Update:2010-07-27 23:25:58

1. ROTLF / the algoritm   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Piotr Malinski Piotr Malinski - 2006-08-09 00:41:23
- what about asian or black or latina?
- I've tested light brown chair and it got 88% score :)

2. Re: ROTLF / the algoritm   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Bakr Alsharif Bakr Alsharif - 2006-08-09 11:45:33 - In reply to message 1 from Piotr Malinski
Hi, thanks for your comment about the class.

I know that the algorith which I use to compare colors is not perfect, and I have said that in the readme http://systurn.com/ImageFilter/readme.html

I also talked about some ideas which I think can increase the efficiency of the class, I just wanted to share the code first to receive users' comments like you :) to make it better, so thank you again for your comment ;)

3. Re: ROTLF / the algoritm   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Peter Roux Peter Roux - 2006-08-10 09:00:53 - In reply to message 2 from Bakr Alsharif
I think that this is a brilliant concept.

Keep up the good work, and thanks!

4. Re: ROTLF / the algoritm   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Robert Amigura Robert Amigura - 2006-10-25 19:02:05 - In reply to message 3 from Peter Roux
nice idea but needs alot of work.

tried your example and it said this was ok

amigura.co.uk/images/1172.gif

this was nude, lol
amigura.co.uk/images/cat_carry.jpg

5. Re: ROTLF / the algoritm   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rob Kaper Rob Kaper - 2006-12-19 14:30:34 - In reply to message 2 from Bakr Alsharif
Nice idea, but indeed not very useful as it is. To be honest I don't think looking for skin colour is the best approach when it comes to nudity. Some photographs with loads of skin are perfectly acceptable* as user-generated content while the tiniest "nipple slip" or even a "camel toe" are not.

I suppose those who want a fail-safe approach must stick to manual moderation. :-(

* Depending on the country of operation and channel of distribution.

6. Re: ROTLF / the algoritm   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of sakthipriyabalaji sakthipriyabalaji - 2010-03-07 05:05:23 - In reply to message 5 from Rob Kaper
in context with your coding part... i would like to share my research paper for enhancement of the php class
computer.org/portal/web/csdl/doi/10 ...
i would like to contribute towards it...

7. Re: ROTLF / the algoritm   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of sakthipriyabalaji sakthipriyabalaji - 2010-03-07 05:08:21 - In reply to message 6 from sakthipriyabalaji
if you dont have access to ieee research paper please mail me... i would like to share my content to this refrence

8. Re: ROTLF / the algoritm   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rhodry Korb Rhodry Korb - 2010-04-09 13:50:05 - In reply to message 7 from sakthipriyabalaji
Would you be able to email me a copy of the research paper and the IEEE one?

9. Re: ROTLF / the algoritm   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of mildsoft mildsoft - 2010-07-27 23:25:58 - In reply to message 6 from sakthipriyabalaji
hello.. would you send me the IEEE article ?

my email is mildsoft@gmail.com

very appreciate about that