PHP Classes

Support for domain_hink

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP OAuth Library  >  All threads  >  Support for domain_hink  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Support for domain_hink
Summary:How to implement domain_hint?
Author:Elaine Ong
Date:2020-06-15 06:25:42

1. Support for domain_hink   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Elaine Ong Elaine Ong - 2020-06-15 06:25:42
Hi,

First of all, thank you for this awesome library.

We would like to know if it is possible to include domain_hint in the class so that we can go directly to the organization's sign in page.

Thanks
Elaine

2. Re: Support for domain_hink   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Elaine Ong Elaine Ong - 2020-06-15 06:36:35 - In reply to message 1 from Elaine Ong
Sorry, subject should be 'domain_hint', not hink.

3. Re: Support for domain_hink   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2020-06-15 08:24:28 - In reply to message 1 from Elaine Ong
Hello Elaine,

Thank you for asking. I was not aware of that domain_hint parameter. Is that part of the official OAuth protocol or is it specific to some types of OAuth servers?

4. Re: Support for domain_hink   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Elaine Ong Elaine Ong - 2020-06-15 09:22:04 - In reply to message 3 from Manuel Lemos
Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I supposed OpenID Connect (OIDC) is an official protocol?

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/acti ...

domain_hint Optional

The realm of the user in a federated directory. This skips the email-based discovery process that the user goes through on the sign-in page, for a slightly more streamlined user experience. For tenants that are federated through an on-premises directory like AD FS, this often results in a seamless sign-in because of the existing login session.

Thanks
Elaine

5. Re: Support for domain_hink   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2020-06-16 00:42:42 - In reply to message 4 from Elaine Ong
Hello Elaine,

I looked at that documentation and I think the class handle your request.

Right now I am very busy with projects with great priority but if you would like to try it yourself, you can do the following:

1. Edit the oauth_configuration.json file.

2. Find an entry that says MicrosoftOpenIDConnect .

3. Change the dialog_url entry URL to add the domain_hint value probably set to the domain you are using.

4. Save the changes to the oauth_configuration.json file.

Can you please try that and let me know if it works?

6. Re: Support for domain_hink   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Elaine Ong Elaine Ong - 2020-06-16 03:26:37 - In reply to message 5 from Manuel Lemos
Hi Master,

Yes, that sure works. Tested and worked as expected.

I was trying to not modify your codes.

It will be perfect is it can be passed as parameter.

Also, I have to edit oauth_client.php to instantiate object http_class with proxy settings.

Otherwise, awesome library!

Thank you very much!
Elaine